National PTA Awards
Mary Lou Anderson Reflections Arts Enhancement Grants
Application Period: April - June
Awards Announced: September
Grant Period: September - November
For more information.
Phoebe Apperson Hearst Innovation in Family Engagement
The Phoebe Apperson Hearst Awards for innovation in family engagement, named after National PTA co-founder Phoebe Apperson Hearst, recognizes and celebrates achievement in building effective family-school partnerships.
The awards are presented to PTAs that have earned the National PTA School of Excellence designation and demonstrated outstanding success engaging families in student success and school improvements. The awards are the highest honor National PTA presents to effective family engagement.
Jan Harp Domene Diversity and Inclusion Award
2018 Deadline: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 8 p.m.
National PTA is now accepting applications for the 2018 Jan Harp Domene Diversity and Inclusion Award. This award recognizes PTAs that best demonstrate outstanding achievement in the areas of diversity and inclusion, as well as efforts to end discriminatory practices.
The award will be presented to one state PTA, one district/council/region PTA and one local PTA at the 2018 Annual National PTA Convention and Expo, June 21 – 24, 2018 in New Orleans, LA.
Winners Will Receive:
- $1,000 cash award
- 1 Plaque/Trophy
- Honored at the D&I Breakfast at the National PTA Convention
- Honored at the Awards Program at the National PTA Convention
- 2 tickets to the Diversity & Inclusion Breakfast at National PTA Convention
- 2 tickets to the Awards Dinner at National PTA Convention (1 person recognized on stage and individuals must be the same as those attending the breakfast)
- Potential opportunity to be a speaker at the Diversity & Inclusion Breakfast
- Certificates for PTA members named in the application
Information can be found on National PTA's website.