Virginia PTA Scholarship
2019 Deadline: March 1
Virginia PTA is proud to offer $1,000 scholarships to graduating Virginia high school students based on a demonstrated commitment to and engagement in, community service, plus academic achievement and financial need.
Virginia PTA's Scholarship Program is funded primarily by proceeds from Virginia PTA's service awards (https://www.vapta.org/members-only/member-awards/service-awards), including the President's Honor Award, Honorary Life Memberships, Distinguished Service Awards and Certificates of Appreciation. The number of scholarships to be awarded depends upon the number of these special awards that are purchased throughout the year.
- Graduate from a Virginia high school with an active PTA/PTSA in good standing;
- Enter an accredited Virginia college or university in the Fall following the date of application for the scholarship; and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a scale of 4.0) or better.
The completed application packet must include:
- Completed Scholarship Application, including signed “Proof of PTA/PTSA Membership;”
- Completed Financial Information Form and printout of Student Aid Report;
- Completed Activities/Work Form;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (at least one should speak to your volunteer service); and
- Transcript (including SAT/ACT score).
Electronic submissions will not be accepted.