Virginia PTA Student Video Contest
Create a short video using the contest theme: Tending to Your Mind
We always seem to be so busy with everything – academic achievement, extra curricular activities, family, friends, and so on. Certainly not everyone can avoid mental health problems—but we can do our best to let those around us be aware of taking care of their emotional health in their lives.
The contest is open to middle & high school students from a local unit PTA/PTSA in good standing.
Videos will be judged on how well they address the topic, as well as the quality of the production and the creativity of the video.
The video should be between 45 seconds – 2 minutes long. Videos exceeding the time limit will be disqualified.
No professional assistance can be provided to produce the video. The format of the video is up to the students (e.g., commercial, news broadcast, music video, etc.)
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Saturday, February 18, 2023
- Submit the video, entry form, and talent release form(s) by the deadline to VAPTA Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only one (1) video per eligible student may be entered.
Awards and Judging
- The top three videos and up to three honorable mention videos, as determined by the judges, will be shown during the awards session at the 2022 Virginia PTA Annual Conference.
- Monetary Award Categories:
- High School
- First place $300
- Second place $150
- Third place $75
- Middle School
- First place $200
- Second place $100
- Third place $50
- High School
- Judging will be done by the Virginia Board of Directors and one (1) guest judge.
FLYER & ENTRY FORMS
Submit with your entry to email@example.com