Students in Pre-K through grade 12, and a special artist division are invited to create theme-based artwork in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, musical composition, photography or visual arts.Membership in the Virginia PTA provides the opportunity to participate in the National PTA Reflections Arts Contest. This competition encourages students to explore the arts and express themselves by providing positive recognition for their artistic efforts. Since it was founded in 1969 by Mary Lou Anderson, millions of students have benefited from this program.
The theme for the 2021-2022 program year is “I Will Change The World By…”
HOW IT WORKS
Students should submit their completed works of art to their local school PTA. Students can reference detailed entry guidelines posted by their school PTA and here in the Reflections Arts Program Resources.
* If your school PTA hasn't been sharing information about Reflections, reach out to your school PTA! They may need a volunteer to help organize the arts contest for your school community.
Local Units will submit the winning entries from their school's Reflections Arts Contest to their local Council PTA by the submission date listed below. If your school is not located in a Council then your winning entries should be sent straight to the District PTA that serves your school PTA.
Council PTAs will submit the winning entries from their Council PTA to their District PTA by the dates listed below.
District PTAs will submit winning entries from their District to the Virginia PTA by January 14th.
Virginia PTA will submit our state's winning entries to National PTA to compete against students from across the United States!!
Local School PTAs and County/City Council PTAs will celebrate their student entries through-out the fall. District, State and National winners will be announced and celebrated in the spring.
Local Unit PTAs can get started planning a Reflections Arts Contest for their school using the
- 2021-2022 Local Unit Leaders Reflections Arts Program Resources
- National PTA Local Leader Learning Course & Arts Eduction Resources
If you have questions or need support please contact your Council PTA or District PTA leadership or reach out to the Reflections chairperson listed below.
All final entries sent to the Virginia PTA in 2021-2022 will be electronic.
Details on the electronic submission process are coming soon!
- Northern Virginia District: December 4th (Denise Bolton, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hunt District: December 3rd (Laurie Hudicek & Huyen MacMichael, Reflections@HuntDistrictPTA.org)
- Patriot District: December 10th
- Fredericksburg District: December 10th
- Richmond District: December 17th
- Hanover Council: November 12th
- Henrico County Council: November 19th
- Richmond Council: November 12th
- Goochland Council: November 12th
- James River District: December 3rd
- Chesterfield Council: November 12th
- Peninsula District: December 17th
- Hampton Council: November 8th
- Newport News Council: November 8th
- Williamsburg James City Council: November 17th
- York Council: November 8th
- Tidewater District: December 3rd
- Virginia Beach Council: November 12th
- Portsmouth Council: November 30th
- Norfolk Council: November 12th
- Southeastern District: December 3rd
- Chesapeake Council: November 12th
- Suffolk Council: November 12th
- Eastern Shore District: December 3rd
- Roanoke District: December 1st
- Bedford Council: November 15th
- Roanoke City Council: November 12th
- Roanoke County Council November 12th
- Salem City Council: November 11th
- Parkway District: December 3rd
- Big Walker, Holston & Natural Tunnel Districts: December 3rd
- Natural Bridge District: December 3rd
- Botetourt Council: November 12th
- Blue Ridge & Shenandoah Districts: December 3rd