501(c)(3) Determination Letter Request Form
Your unit must have the following information on file with the Virginia PTA State Office BEFORE receiving a copy of the 501 (c)(3) Determination Letter (these are requirements per the Virginia Code for Non-Profits):
- List of all officers’ names and addresses
- EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- Copy of most recent end of fiscal year audit (must be completed annually)
- Copy of 990, 990EZ, 990N (required of all units)
In addition, Virginia PTA bylaws define a unit in good standing as one which:
- Pays dues on/before December 1st each year
- Has current bylaws on file (revised every five years)
Only units in good standing and meeting the Virginia Code requirements will receive the 501 (c)(3) Determination Letter.
Questions: Email us.