Virginia PTA Seeks Committee Members
"We Need You"
Committee Chairs and Committee Members needed.
Virginia PTA seeks interested members to join our effort to engage families and advocate for all children of the Commonwealth. If you are interested in serving as a Member-at-Large on one of our committees, please complete this document form (56 KB) and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Committees include but are not limited to:
- Advocacy- Works to develop advocacy across the Commonwealth (committee members only)
- Arts in Education- Works to promote the Reflections program across the Commonwealth and potentially serve as judges for select categories.
- Bylaws- Works to not only approving local units' bylaws but also seeks areas where the bylaws can be improved.
- Communication- Works to ensure that content relevant to our association is shared with our local units.
- Extension- Works to charter new local units and acts as an intermediary in those areas without district leadership.
- Family Engagement- Works to develop programs that enhance family engagement in our schools and community. Also promotes programs such as Volunteer of the Year and Family Engagement awards.
- Health & Safety- Works to promote healthy lifestyle solutions to our local units and assists with the Power Plates Program.
- Membership- Works to promote Membership.
- Nominations- Works to seek out qualified candidates to serve as an elected officer or Committee Chair on the Virginia PTA Board of Directors.
- Training- Works to create and promote training programs for all levels of our association. (committee members only)